17:19, 23 августа 2023, 24.kg

Accumulation of trucks on border with Kazakhstan not related to water supply

Accumulation of trucks on the border with Kazakhstan is not connected with the water supply by Kyrgyzstan. Director of the Water Resources Service Almazbek Sokeyev told at a press conference.

«I spoke with the Kazakh side. I was told that water is not the cause (of border closure. — Note of 24.kg news agency). This is their official position. I say what they tell me. We can only speculate what actually is the reason. But we fulfill our obligations. Such a situation at the border was also registered last year, this year it is repeated. I cannot know the exact reason,» Almazbek Sokeyev said.

Earlier, the Director of the Kyrgyz Research Institute of Irrigation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Ulan Chortombaev, reported on social media that Kyrgyzstan does not supply water to the Republic of Kazakhstan because there is no water in the reservoirs.

In such a way the official of the relevant department reacted to information in the media that Kazakh border guards do not pass trucks through the border, allegedly, due to the fact that the Kyrgyz side does not supply water to the neighboring state. Later, the Ministry of Agriculture also stated that Kyrgyzstan had fulfilled its obligations regarding water.

About 500 trucks are waiting in line to leave Kyrgyzstan in front of Ak-Tilek-Avtodorozhny checkpoint. At least 112 cars left Kyrgyzstan for Kazakhstan on Tuesday.

The Border Service of the State Committee for National Security of the Kyrgyz Republic stated that no restrictions were imposed, and the checkpoints were operating as usual. The authorities of Kazakhstan announced holding of an anti-drug operation. The Border Service of the Republic of Kazakhstan also noted that it did not impose any restrictions at the checkpoint.

Views
0
Views
Views
Views
Жизнь за рубежом. Истории кыргызстанцев
Происшествия
Власть
Атака на Иран
Экономика

КОНТАКТЫ

СОЦСЕТИ

TelegramYouTubeWhatsAppFacebookInstagram

© ИА «24.kg» - Новости Кыргызстана. Все права защищены. Вся информация, размещенная на данном веб-сайте, предназначена только для персонального использования и не подлежит распространению без письменного разрешения ИА «24.kg». Редакция не несет ответственности за содержимое перепечатанных материалов и высказывания отдельных лиц. +18